Community Acupuncture services in Milwaukee with sliding fee scale and spanish interpreter available.
What is Acupuncture and how does it work?
· Acupuncture is a form of medicine originating in ancient China that works by inserting thin needles into the skin.
· Acupuncture is used to treat pain in the body, depression, anxiety, insomnia, headache, dizziness and much more.
· Acupuncture works by balancing the energetic channels in the body.
The results of acupuncture are cumulative, therefore, several treatments are needed for the best results
Is acupuncture safe?
· When performed by a competently trained, licensed professional, acupuncture is safe. All licensed acupuncturists today use individually pack-aged, sterile, disposable needles. The chance of infection is minimal.
How many treatments will I need?
· That depends on the duration, severity, and nature of your complaint. You may need only a single treatment for an acute condition. A series of 5-10 treatments may resolve or reduce many symptoms produced by chronic problems.
How does it feel?
· Upon needle insertion and during treatment is normal to experience some tingling, warmth, heaviness, and a feeling of energy moving up and down channels. Acupuncture should not be painful.