Community Acupuncture services in Milwaukee with sliding fee scale and spanish interpreter available.
What is Acupuncture and how does it work?
· Acupuncture is a form of medicine originating in ancient China that works by inserting thin needles into the skin.
· Acupuncture is used to treat multiple ailments such as pain in the body, depression, anxiety, insomnia, headache, dizziness, chronic conditions and much more.
· Acupuncture works by balancing the energetic channels in the body.
The results of acupuncture are cumulative, therefore, several treatments are needed for the best results. During the first assessment the practitioner and the client discuss a treatment plan that may include different therapies, physical activities, wellness and nutrition classes and other recommended activities to address their health concerns.
Is acupuncture safe?
· When performed by a competently trained, licensed professional, acupuncture is safe. All licensed acupuncturists today use individually pack-aged, sterile, disposable needles. The chance of infection is minimal.
How many treatments will I need?
· That depends on the duration, severity, and nature of your complaint. You may need only a single treatment for an acute condition. A series of 5-10 treatments may resolve or reduce many symptoms produced by chronic problems.
How does it feel?
· Upon needle insertion and during treatment is normal to experience some tingling, warmth, heaviness, and a feeling of energy moving up and down channels. Acupuncture should not be painful.