Volunteer With CORE/EL Centro
CORE/El Centro volunteers create a community of giving, receiving, and healing.
Since CORE/El Centro's beginning, our volunteers have come to us through various pathways. Many have heard about us through word of mouth and others have seen advertisements. Some have come as clients benefiting from and appreciating the services so much, that they desire to give back to the organization in whatever ways they can. Our volunteer community is a circle of giving, receiving and healing. Every volunteer is committed to being a part of our mission to create access to natural healing services for all individuals, regardless of their income.
Volunteering at CORE/El Centro opens the door to a community working towards social transformation. Our volunteers, staff, and clients have learned, grown and tapped into their own healing potential and woven a beautiful healing web by sharing information, developing friendships, networking, language exchanges, and breaking down cultural, racial, and economic barriers.
DID YOU KNOW . . .
- Approximately $300,000 worth of services are volunteered at CORE every year!
- At any given time, we have 100-120 regular volunteers (weekly or bi-weekly). Including special events, we have about 175-200 volunteers in one year.
- In 2011, over 75 new volunteer orientations were given.
- About 75% of services are administered by volunteers.
- Volunteers are asked to make a minimum of a three month commitment (six for practitioners).
- About 30 of our volunteers have been around more than three years with a very regular commitment.
- We work with volunteers from Marquette University, UWM University, Alverno College, Carmen High School, Homestead High, The Non-Profit Center of Milwaukee, Professional Dimensions and more.
Volunteering at CORE/El Centro is a wonderful way to meet new people, participate in healthy fun activities, and contribute toward creating healthy changes in ourselves and our world. If you'd like to join us, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Jillian Holy through our contact page or call her at 414-225-4263 to arrange a tour and introduction to CORE/El Centro.